Contact: Stephanie Harvey
ICO Registration Number: ZB537984
Sew2it takes data protection (UK GDPR) seriously. Our website provides information for customers to book courses freely, should our customers proceed with their enquiry then further personal data would become necessary. All customers will freely decide to consent to sharing the information required for Sew2it to provide customer(s) with accurate information regarding their request(s).
Sew2it will always work in line with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and should there be any changes within legislation, Sew2it will adhere to it. The information will be stored securely in accordance with the industry education standard.
This Privacy Notice is our way of informing our customer(s), supplier(s), and other external bodies why we collect and process personal data.
How we handle information
What type of information do we have?
Sew2it offers sewing lessons to all customers whether they are beginners or have some experience of sewing, as the aim is to help them to be more confident.
The information Sew2it would have would be:
- Child’s name (if required)
- Parent(s) contact number for consent reasons.
- Customer name
- Email address to confirm appointment.
- Any disabilities
All customers have the option to book and pay online through Square for sewing courses. Square will require the card details and the confirmation of payment will appear in the Sew2it’s account and the customer’s email account, as proof of purchase. Customers do have the choice to pay cash whereby a paper receipt will be provided.
How we get the information and why we have it
The information will be received directly from the customer or parent of the child via one of the following:
- What’s App
- Face to face
Customer(s) have the option to register their details to open an account, so they can create a login with their details already saved on our system. However, we will not have the ability to know what their password would be so they would need to take the Forgotten Password route so they can reset it.
All the information that we have will allow us to deliver the sewing course(s) at the right time with the right customer(s).
What we do with the information
Sew2It will use your information to:
- Book you on the specific course
- Inform of you of any delays
- Provide invoice / receipt
- Complete Customer Satisfaction Form
- Marketing – regarding the new range of courses or/and special offers
- Prepare for the accountant
- Share with HMRC or any other regulatory body
Any other information may be required – for example:
- Details of any learning difficulties
- Physically disabled in any way
- Dyslexia certificate(s)
Sew2it will need to carry out a risk assessment for Health and Safety reasons and to ensure that Sew2it are following the business processes and procedures. All machinery are PAT tested yearly to ensure the safety of all customers.
How we store your information
Sew2it will store your information within the UK as the IT company ensures that we minimise any unnecessary risk(s) or/and potential risk(s).
Sew2it will keep all payment information for a maximum of 7 years, after that period Sew2it will be deleting your payment information.
Paying online, using Square secure system, our customer information will not be saved but please check their Privacy Notice to understand more what happens next.
Where possible Sew2it will continually review and update their IT systems at least twice a year.
Sew2it will respond to all person(s), or community project(s) leaders who would like to improve their sewing skills. Our legitimate interest is based on the need of the customer(s) wanting to develop their skills.
Sew2it have a duty to store customer information securely whether that be on the following:
- Mobile Phone
- Phone text
- Facebook messenger
- PC, Tablet or Laptop – Desktop
Information will be shared if you provide us with written/verbal permission.
The necessary insurances and security systems are in place to ensure that the information is protected and stored.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond and to provide the specific evidence to you.
Please contact us:
Sew2It, Brook Mews, Tanworth Lane, Henley-in-Arden. B95 5RA
Contact: Stephanie Harvey
Telephone Number: 01564 792083 / 07778 650923
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data, however, we would prefer that you contact our management team first.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this notice
This notice was last updated on 27th March 2023. We may change this policy by updating this policy to reflect changes in the law or our privacy practices. However, we will not use your Personal Data in any new ways without your consent.